Skip to content
3 qt Saucepan
4 qt Saucepan
2 cups potatoes (#3 cone)
2 carrots (#5 cone)
1 small onion (#2 cone)
1 stalk celery (#2 cone)
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 cups milk
1 tbsp minced parsley
1 (1 lb) can stewed tomatoes (include liquid)
1. Prepare potatoes, carrots, onion and celery and put into pan.
2. Add water and salt - stir.
3. Cover, cook over medium heat until valce whistles.
4. Reduce heat to low, close valve and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Combine flour, mustard, and 1/4 water; mix until smooth.
6. Pour a little of the hot broth into mixture and stir until smooth.
7. Gradually mix the balance into the vegetable broth mixture.
8. Add milk, chopped parsley and tomatoes.
9. Heat but do not allow to boil.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.