UNITS USED: Large Skillet
NUTRITION PER SERVE:
- Energy - 1,194kJ
- Protein - 19g
- Fat - total 18g
- Fat - saturated 5g
- Fibre - 0
- Sodium - 432mg
- Calcium - 6mg
- 1 fillet (skin on)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
- ½ tbsp. sake
- ½ tbsp. mirin or rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp. raw sugar
- 1 tbsp. low salt soy sauce
Season large skillet to make it non-stick. Do the water test. Put a small amount of olive oil.
Season salmon with black pepper on both sides. Then coat the salmon with flour.
Fry salmon in the large skillet.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix well until sugar is dissolved. If sugar is not dissolving, pour into a 1 1/2 qt. (alternative 1 Quart ) cookware the sauce mixture and put into low heat on the stove, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add the sauce to the salmon and continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until the sauce is boiling.
- Once the sauce is boiling turn the salmon over to make sure all sides are coated with the sauce. By now the sauce should have thickened. It is ready to be served.
WATCH VIDEO: Cooking with Nutricraft - Teriyaki Salmon
Recipe Tips! Serve teriyaki salmon with warm multigrain rice and steam or mixed vegetable to make your meal more nutritious.