ALTHOUGH THERE ARE MULTIPLE WAYS TO CREATE EGGS BENEDICT OR ANY OF THE VARIATIONS, USING WATERLESS COOKWARE WITH COOKING SPRAY INSTEAD OF BUTTER IS THE HEALTHIEST OPTION AVAILABLE. TRY IT TODAY!!!
|5 MIN Prep Time||
|10 MINTotal Time|
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Skim Milk (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tsp. Mustard (Dijon or yellow type)
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Basil (crushed)
- ¼ tsp. Lemon Juice
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices Canadian Bacon (Ham or other breakfast meat)
- 8 slices Bread (Whole Wheat or type of your choice)
- Start toasting your toast.
- Preheat your skillet or griddle over medium heat
- Mix together all but the eggs, meat and bread. Set aside.
- Cook eggs in skillet or griddle, two at a time. Remember to use a small amount of food spray as eggs do not release moisture as they cook and will stick without it. Prepare the eggs to your liking, sunny side up, over easy or well cooked.
- Add 2 slices of the Canadian bacon or meat to the pan along with the eggs. Cook just enough to heat it through, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, start with one slice of toast, top with slice of warmed meat, then egg and top with a spoonful of sauce. Serve with a slice of toast on the side and fresh fruit or juice.
- Serve piping hot and start on the next two servings.
Some Eggs Benedict Variations: - Eggs Blackstone substitutes bacon for the ham and adds a tomato slice. - Eggs Blanchard substitutes Béchamel sauce for Hollandaise. - Eggs Florentine substitutes spinach for the ham or adds it underneath. - Eggs Chesapeake substitutes a Maryland blue crab cake in place of the ham. - Eggs Mornay substitutes Mornay (cheese) sauce for the Hollandaise. - Eggs Trivette adds Creole mustard to the Hollandaise and adds a topping of Crayfish. - Eggs Omar (also known as a Eggs Steak Benedict) substitutes a small steak in place of the ham, and sometimes replaces the hollandaise with béarnaise.