Pancit Canton (Flour Stick Noodles)
UNITS: LARGE SKILLET OR ELECTRIC SKILLET JUMBO SKILLET
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 large rib celery
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 green or red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/4 medium head green cabbage vegetable oil spray
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup brocoli florets
- 1/4 cup cauliflower lorets
- 1/4 cup fresh peas
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken stock, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked, cooled, sliced
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 package (8ounces) flour stick noodles, of fine egg noodles
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Process onion and celery using No. 2 cone; carrots and bell pepper using No.4 cone; cabbage using No.5 cone.
Coat cold skillet with vegetable oil spray; place over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger; saute until tender but not brown. Add celery, carrots, bell pepper, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and peas; season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cover; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and shrimp to vegetables. Cover; cook about 2 minutes. Add noodles and remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock; mix well. Cook, uncovered, until noodles and tender, about 6 minutes, Stir in lemon juice before serving.