As we commemorate World Sleep Day, make sure to get a decent night's sleep of at least 7-8 hours.
However, if these are unavoidable due to a hectic lifestyle, they should be avoided.
Here are some suggestions to help you feel more energized or to prevent the effects of not getting enough sleep from becoming worse:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Drink some tea or coffee if you're feeling groggy.
- Eat some nuts and seeds for sustained energy.
- Eat fibre-rich foods to keep blood sugar stable.
- Eat eggs to stay energized.
- Eat calcium-rich foods to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Eat iron-rich foods to boost your energy levels.
Sleep is crucial to our body's health; if we do not get enough sleep, our bodies will suffer and become feeble. We can eat and drink as much as we want to keep a healthy body, but getting enough sleep is preferable.