Cookware is one of the most used essentials in the kitchen. The cleaning routines might look pretty simple. But, it could be improved for safety in cooking.
The common forms of dirt in cookware are stains, grease, discolouration, and residue. Depending on the cookware material, the dirt can be easily washed off or can get tougher to clean.
This is one of the reasons why you need to use a cleaning solution specially made for cookware. Detergents, bath soap, and hand wash are not advisable to use in cleaning the cookware.
The formula of dishwashing liquid, gel or powder has chemicals suitable for cookware. However, you have to check the percentage of these chemicals to avoid skin irritation and damage to the cookware quality.
To clean your cookware properly, here are some practical tips:
- Separate cookware from other kitchen tools and cutlery.
- Soak the pans with water and cleanser after cooking.
- Use scratch-free scrub or sponge.
- Use hand gloves when needed.
- Double wash the cookware especially to get rid of the grease.
- Wash all parts of the cookware.
- Rinse off with clean and running water.
- Pat it dry with a clean cloth.
- Keep the clean cookware in the cabinet or storage.
Nutricraft has developed a multipurpose cleanser for cookware made of Titanium Stainless Steel and can be used for any stainless steel surfaces like sinks and appliances.
Nutricraft Stainless Steel Powder Cleaner is formulated to protect and polish the cookware making it look brand new again after every use. It is now available on Amazon.
Nutricraft also has instructional videos including the proper cleaning of cookware. Learn more.